- Melt the oil and gour together. It won't mix completely, so don't worry about that; just make sure you don't overheat it.
- Press into a shallow, rectangular tin which has been oiled. We use a standard Swiss roll tin.
- Stir in the oats and Brazil nuts.
- Bake at 180C for 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven. I used the middle shelf and checked from time to time to make sure they weren't overbrowned.
- Remove from the oven. While they are still hot break the chocolate and scatter it evenly over them. The heat from the flapjacks will melt it and all you have to do is gently spread it.
- Mark into 16 pieces before it's cooled completely so that it cuts cleanly.
- Store in an airtight container. Perfect to take to work or school for a snack, or to enjoy at home with a hot drink.
|Spring is well and truly here; the first daisies are on the lawn!|