|Perfect gluten free crunchy cereal, to enjoy with your favourite plant milk!|
As you can see, the muesli is made from buckwheat flakes, sultanas, cashews and pumpkin seeds. We gently toasted the flakes, nuts and seeds in a little coconut oil before adding the dried fruit to make a granola-style crunch; delicious with some home made almond milk!
We are planning to return to posting here more regularly from now on; we missed you all! It's good to be back 😊
This recipe makes 3 or 4 helpings:
2cups buckwheat flakes
1/2 cup chopped almonds or cashews
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
11/2 tabs coconut oil
2 tabs coconut sugar
4 small fresh dates, stoned and chopped
1 tab raisins
1 tab sultanas
- Mix the buckwheat flakes, nuts and seeds together.
- Cook them gently in a shallow pan in the coconut oil, until the nuts begin to toast. Be careful not to overlook the mixture.
- With the mixture still in the pan, stir in the coconut sugar and turn off the heat..
- Pour into a bowl and stir in the dried fruit once it has cooled down.
- Serve with plant milk. We think hemp milk is especially good with this cereal.