|Clementines are still with us, by the boxful! Some of our box got made into this marmalade.|
- Wash the fruit thoroughly.
- Grate it all using the fine grating attachment on your food processor.
- Using a jelly bag/ muslin cloth, squeeze the juice and pulp out into a sturdy pan.
- Pass what's left through a fine-meshed sieve and remove any pips and large pieces of peel or pith. You can chop the peel into fine shreds with scissors or a small, sharp knife and return them to the pan.
- Over a gentle heat, dissolve the sugar into the fruit with the lemon juice.
- Bring to a steady boil, and remove from heat when it reaches setting point. (Test by dropping a little into a glass of cold water. If it holds together, it's ready.) This may only take about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the agave.
- Bottle in sterilized jar(s), sealing the top with a circle of waxed paper. Put the lid(s) on when cool. Keeps up to 2 weeks in the fridge.