|Making shortcrust pastry that holds together can be a challenge unless you know how...|
- Melt the oils together.
- Meanwhile, put the flours and salt (if using) into a bowl.
- Blend 1 level tab of the flour mixture with the melted oil. A balloon whisk is fine for this, or you could use a blender.
- Rub this into the rest of the flour.
- Mix in about 50ml cold water (may vary according to your type of flour) and form into a ball without kneading it.
- Wrap and chill it for at least half an hour, and it should be quite easy to handle if it hasn't been allowed to dry out.
- For mess-free rolling and cutting out, try rolling between sheets of clingfilm rather than a flour-dusted surface.