|We served ours with a simple salad...|
|This picture shows the filling better|
400g courgettes, sliced in semicircles
olive oil for saute-ing
seasalt, black pepper and a little turmeric
- Cook the potatoes in a little water with the saucepan lid on - to preserve nutrients, try to get it so that all the water is absorbed by the time they are cooked.
- At the same time, cook the buckwheat in 6 cups of water, until completely soft. The water should all be absorbed too, just like when you cook rice.
- Meanwhile, saute the courgettes in the oil until soft but not browned, and add to the cooked buckwheat with a pinch of turmeric, some seasalt and a generous amount of black pepper. Add a little more liquid if necessary, to stop it going dry in the oven.
- When the filling is seasoned to your satisfaction, spoon it into a large, deep baking/ roasting tin or dish.
- Now mash the potatoes for the topping. When smooth, stir in the cashew cream and season with seasalt.
- Spread the topping onto the filling, leaving it rough so that it crisps up in the oven, and bake in an oven preheated to 200C until heated through and browning slightly on top.