|A layered mixture of raw and cooked organic ingredients, topped with tasty sauce and spicy roasted pumpkin seeds...|
You will need: a shallow pasta bowl,quinoa, tofu, red pepper sauce-recipe below the next picture- roasted spiced pumpkin seeds, mixed beansprouts, tomato wedges, shredded greens, calendula petals
- Cook some organic, fair-trade quinoa and set aside to cool.
- Roast some pumpkin seeds in Tamari soy sauce/ Liquid Aminos and spices of your choice (I used some chilli powder and garam masala.)
- Cube some firm tofu and grill on a baking sheet in a little oil until browned slightly and leave to cool.
- Shred kale/ beetroot greens/ spinach (I used the Magimix, but you can do it by hand with a large, sharp knife).
- You are now ready to assemble the bowl! Start off with the quinoa as the bottom layer.
- Next add a layer of mixed sprouts- I used mung, chickpea and sunflower this time. Pile the goodness high- it's all about abundance!
- Lay the tomato wedges in a circle and fill in the centre with the shredded greens.
- Scatter generously with the grilled tofu cubes.
- Pour on a lavish helping of red pepper sauce.
- Sprinkle with roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Scatter calendula petals around the edge of the bowl. You now have your very own Yogi Veg Bowl to enjoy!
- Puree the peppers in a food processor or blender (such as a Vitamix).
- Add all the other ingredients and blend until smooth and well combined.
- Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Store in an airtight glass jar in the fridge until you need to use it. If you want to serve this sauce with either pasta or courgette ribbons/ noodles just heat it gently in a small saucepan.
|If you set it out carefully (your tofu will be neater than mine I'm sure) it will look like a mandala! Krishna will love it if you offer it to Him looking really beautiful...|