|I had enough fruit and cake mixture to make one normal-sized cake and one small cake.|
|The cake is very moist and soft.|
- Grease and flour/ dampen a metal/ silicone cake mould and line carefully over the base and up the sides with the peach slices.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in another bowl or jug.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry immediately (otherwise the coconut oil re-solidifies and won't blend in properly) and beat well for about a minute.
- Bake in the middle of an oven preheated to 180C for 20-25 minutes, or until a thin skewer inserted into the middle of the cake emerges clean.
- When cool, turn the cake out upside-down onto a cake board or foil-covered tray, to show the lovely golden peach slices.
- Traditionally, an upside-down cake would have a mixture of butter and sugar or syrup spread over the base and sides before the fruit layer, but as peaches are so naturally sweet and juicy, I didn't feel it necessary.