Toasted Hemp Seed Butter


The finished product,: a rich, nutty butter with a unique flavour and nutritional profile

Toasted shelled hemp seeds

Blitz in a food processor until creamy...
I got home from work the other day to find that my husband was busy in the kitchen making this delicious and healthy spread. We have made this raw before and added it to peanut butter but it really deserves a jar of its own. Hemp seeds are a wonderful "superfood" (look here for more info on other superfoods) being rich in protein, fibre and omega fats 3, 6 and 9 as well as containing Vitamins B, E,  calcium and iron.
All you do is toast some shelled hemp seeds gently in the oven (don't over-brown) then blitz in a food processor until buttery; no need to add any other oil. Stir in a little salt if you like (we do).






Comments

  1. thanks for dropping by my blog so many times when I wasn't there! :) Love this butter.. I'm trying hard to give up diary with no success!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks...You've posted some great stuff lately :) It is hard to give up dairy. I still find it tempting as we keep cheese, yoghurt and milk in the house for the kids. I think the secret is to buy or make a good store of dairy free snacks and to make sure your body gets enough calcium, iron and protein plus B-vits. Then you won't be craving dairy. Good luck!

      Delete

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment- feedback from you really helps me to decide what to post, and I love hearing from you- thanks :)

Popular Posts