Carob-Vanilla Zebra Cake- vegan



This post has been waiting in my drafts for weeks now, as despite making it 2 or 3 times, I have so far totally failed to get the zebra stripes as good as I would like, plus I didn't manage to get a decent photo either...the first time I made it with date syrup, so the stripes hardly showed up at all :/ But what makes this blog different from a cookery book I guess is that it's a true-to-life story of what I've been up to in the kitchen, so in the interest of truth and keeping it real, here goes...
Using my basic cake recipe, divide the mixture in half and add a couple of tablespoons of carob powder to one half. Then drop alternate spoonfuls of the two mixtures into the centre of your prepared cake pan. If you do it right, you should get the striped effect as the mixture spreads out. If you have any advice for me on how to improve my zebra cake technique, then please do let me know via the comments below....!

Comments

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment- feedback from you really helps me to decide what to post, and I love hearing from you- thanks :)

Popular Posts