500g organic wholemeal flour
200ml cold-pressed organic sunflower oil
a pinch of salt
cold water to mix
a carrier bag of fresh organic spinach
organic oats (a handful or two)
at least 200g grated mature Cheddar cheese
salt, pepper and mixed herbs
- Cook the spinach in a pressure cooker with oinly the residual water on the leaves from washing
- Meanwhile make the crust by rubbing in the oil with the flour and salt and mixing to a dough with the water. Roll out on an oiled surface, press into a medium-sized oiled rectangular baking dish and bake blind for aboiut 10 minutes at 200C to ensure the crust does not turn soggy once the filling is added.
- While the crust is baking, whizz the spinach in a blender with the seasoning, then mix with the grated cheese.Add enough oats to ensure the mixture is not too runny.
- Put the filling in the crust and bake 20-30 mins at 200C until pastry is browned and filling is set.
- Maybe you could scatter pine nuts on the top to decorate? My husband served this up with organic new potatoes and broad beans from our allotment, much to everyone's delight.