Unfortunately I didn't have time to measure out the ingredients properly- Sundays are always rather hectic in our house- so I'm giving some guidelines rather than a proper recipe. I made 6-8 portions with the 8 sticks of rhubarb, and the topping was not thick but more of a crunchy coating/ granola (see picture).
About 8 sticks of fresh rhubarb
About 2 large handfuls of porridge oats (half of them ground up into meal)
Gour for the rhubarb and the topping; you will have to keep testing as you add to see if it's sweet enough
Ground sunflower seeds (about 1/2 cup)
1 tab organic cold-pressed sunflower oil
Flaked almonds for sprinkling
A little water to mix
- Slice the rhubarb and place in an ovenproof dish mixed with grated gour
- To make the topping, mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl then rub in the oil and water
- Scatter the topping over the fruit and sprinkle the flaked almonds on top
- Bake at 200C until top is browned and rhubarb is soft.
- We served it with soya custard but it doesn't really need anything.