Butterbean and sundried tomato pate- vegan

The following recipe is one I have often made as a sandwich filling with alfalfa sprouts/ mixed sprouts. Today I made what I believe is the ultimate sandwich with it- please try it and use the comments box to tell me what you think! I spread the pate on pumpernickel bread, added wild rocket and alfalfa with tomato slices and olives... and then I spotted some leftover roasted pumpkin from the night before; I spread this on too- what a combination! I will definitely be trying more ways to use pumpkin as a spread because the sweet roasted flavour and smooth texture is just perfect.
Here's the pate recipe:
400g cooked butterbeans
1 tsp tomato puree
8 sundried tomato halves in sunflower oil
a dash of lemon juice
a dash of tamari sauce/ liquid aminos
salt, black pepper, dried herbs and hing to taste
  • Mash the beans thoroughly (I always use a good old-fashioned potato masher)
  • Chop the sundried tomatoes finely
  • Add all the other ingredients and mix well

Comments

Popular Posts